The first-ever ‘Bangabandhu International Squash Tournament 2021’ concluded at the Gulshan Club in the capital on Sunday.
Bangladesh Squash Rackets Federation organised the tournament in association with the Ispahani Group to celebrate the 100th birth anniversary of the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
A total of 24 renowned squash players from multiple countries took part in the 5-day long tournament.
In the final match, Yassin Elshafei from Egypt clinched the championship title defeating Noor Zaman from Pakistan who emerged as the runners-up of the tournament at the Gulshan Club squash court.
The winners of this tournament will also participate in an Ispahani International Squash Exhibition Match: 2021 on October 25.
State Minister for Youth and Sports Zahid Ahsan Russell MP, witnessed the final and later he distributed prizes among the winners as the chief guest.
Bangladesh Squash Rackets Federation President Faruk Khan MP, Ispahani Group Chairman Mirza Salman Ispahani, Bangladesh Squash Rackets Federation General Secretary Brigadier General (retired) Kamrul Islam, Gulshan Club President Captain Saifur Rahman and other senior officials of Bangladesh Squash Rackets Federation and Ispahani Group were also present at the event.
Recent Press Releases
- Ispahani receives honorary commemorative June 5, 2022
- Ispahani receives National Productivity and Quality Excellence Award 2020 May 30, 2022
- Honouring innovators in entertainment March 29, 2022
- ইস্পাহানি প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেটে চ্যাম্পিয়ন চট্টগ্রাম আবাহনী March 18, 2022
- Ispahani becomes Bangladesh-Afghanistan series title sponsor February 20, 2022